Friday, July 13, 2007

my trip to shoppers (dreck alert)


My trip started in my room.








My room is pretty messy right now and really that should inspire me to get out of it and complete today's mission (go to shoppers drug mart and buy bottled water) but I seem to be stuck looking at the internet which is pretty much just a collection of NBA rumours and ebay bidding to me right now.


The combination of auction sniper and booze has put me in a position of winning quite a few ebay auctions I was previously unaware I was participating in. actually most of the purchases are pretty good save that I can really only ride one bicycle at a time and there is no reason for someone with a size 8 1/2 head to assume that a baseball cap he buys online should fit. here is another picture of my room.







if you look closely you can see the shelf I built which is unable to support a working load of jeans and towels. the milk crates are full of socks.


my room usually isn't this fucked up but I wanted to move my bed away from the window for more comfortable afternoon sleeping and haven't put anything back lets finally leave my room



our house now boasts 3 vintage vitus aluminum frames. My dad found one and i got the other two from tanked up e-bay bidding. these frames will be bikes soon.here is the box one of the frames came in. this should sit in out hallway for at least 3 months.here is my awesome bike. note the aggressive geometry and lack of brakes. lets go outside.it is a pretty nice day and shoppers drug mart is right next to my house so I can pretty much just wear the shit i slept in unless i run into...people I know like these two (actually I don't know her) he is Chris New (sp?) one of the talented young actors who get drunk at my bar on the regular. Go see their fringe play at the tarragon.shoppers drug mart I go here every day.I cashed in a bunch of points before i went to Dominican for bmac and tashas wedding but I still have about 150 000 points which is like $300 shoppers drug mart dollars even if you are an idiot and cash them in on a regular day and not a extra value point day.


the cosmetic girls have to say hi to everyone who come in. They used to think that ben and I were one crazy guy who only said hi to them half the time and dated a ton of different girls. I know them now too and they are super help full even with non cosmetic inquiries.




Why did ben used to know them and say hi and not me????





probably because I am not constantly asking for help in selecting male cosmetics.


According to the friendly girls this is bens favorite line.

I am so glad we live in a world where men aren't embarrassed to use face revitalizing undereye cream and I am also super glad I get mistaken for this person (although not for much longer if ben's age defying cosmetic plans materialize)




They can't remember if ben bought this or not for $65. (remember this is a person who currently owes me 2 months rent)

So regular razors are good if you like a nice shave and to not cut the crap out of yourself but disposable razors are better if you need a razor you can throw out so as not to spread the disgusting impetego all over your face. (i have impetigo again)
I can't figure out if this toothbrush is better than mine. Probably not. My toothbrush is pretty good and until they figure out something revolutionary in toothbrush technology it seems like recent toothbrush upgrades have been mostly cosmetic. I am freaking bored as crap with my toothbrush though.
my pharmacist tells me that none of these products work in preventing cold sores which is weird because the online cold-sore communities endorse all of these products as part of your effective anti-coldsore routine. also endorsed: straight bleach, multiple self administered needle punctures, and boiling water. I am glad to know that there are people out there who hate their cold sores as much as I do.at this point i am 20 minutes from taking 9 times the recommended dosage of this product (as advised by the responsible online coldsore community) and making myself sick for 3 hours.mmmmmm gorilla munch. I wish this was a workout supplement I could buy

don't worry ben I won't be buying this (ben is fat as hell right now).


it was when I was taking a picture of the scale that the manager approached me and asked me why I was taking pictures. Apparently because of the competitive nature of the drug store business they don't let anyone take pictures in the store. I could have been an agent for whatever rival drug store would foolishly try to compete with shoppers drug mart taking pictures of thier cleverly arranged scale section so that my store could copy or even trump thier display. To divert suspicion I dressed like a really hungover annex renter and doused my shirt with beer for authenticity.


He was pretty disappointed when I explained that I was taking pictures so that I could do a "photo blog" entry about my trip to shoppers so that friends i haven't seen in a while could catch up on how I spend my day. he did chuckle when I went on that the scale photo specifically was to make fun of my fat brother but it seemed forced. He said if was ok if I took a couple more pictures but I was pretty much done anyway. this just left me with



Mission Accomplished!!! 12 16 ounce bottles of water set in cardbord wraped in plastic and another step in my furious fight to save the environment.


see you tomorrow shoppers drug mart

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Holden Caulfield.

Unknown said...

Please note I am only reluctantly participating in this "which twin has a more feminine grooming routine" debate which really no one wins. However:

Ben: free cut model haircuts or cuts own hair.
Luke: $60 haircuts at salon.

Ben: No tanning routine.
Luke: Tanning salon.

Ben: Beard, untrimmed.
Luke: carefully clean shaven "for work."

Ben: hairwash once a month. no product.
Luke: Frequent wash + blow dry + $25 "bed head manipulator" hair paste + + + + $30 hair curling balm called "wavy chick." <===not making up.

Ben: The shoppers girls like me because I bank so much optimum points I just chuck em all over the store NOT EVEN COUNTING THEM SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH!!!
Luke: less optimum points.