Sunday, February 18, 2007

nobody listens to techno?

imagine you were sick but went out anyway because it is adam's birthday and then you thought that you were supposed to go upstairs but actually you were supposed to go downstairs and you accidentally PAID $15 DOLLARS COVER to see a dj night organized by these jerkoffs. I dare you to read their mission statement without wanting to punch them. I guess it is my fault for not choosing the correct floor but if they had a sign saying Floor 1: eat your greens w/dj's trevor and duncan Floor 2: Next Offensive and Hard as Nailz present decontamination with Julian Liberator, anx, data decoy, patrick dsp etc . then I probably could have guessed which floor my friends would be on ie not the latter.
According to the promoter girl on the door I could not have my money back even though it was only 30 seconds after I originally paid because I had already enjoyed the music playing of this guy who they flew in from London.
This was messed up because when I wandered into the room with the dj I felt like I was time travelling to 1996 both with the ridiculous techno music and teenagers on Ecstasy except that it wasn't 1996 because in 1996 people still liked techno music and there would have been more than 40 people in attendance .
The fact that my $15 dollars is being split between people who thought that it was a good idea to fly a techno DJ in from London to play to nobody infuriates me because I know that my $15 is just going to finance further illadvised ventures. I am never going out again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke! I ran into Byron tonight and he told me yours was the hottest blog in town. How do I get my hands on your Globe & Mail article? My email is miamacdonald@gmail.com

Mia

p.s. Funny enough I was supposed to be at the same eat your greens gig but we never made it past the Red Room.