Thursday, November 05, 2009

Welcome Back






Hey BlogFans!


It has been a long time since my last post and well I am pretty sorry for those of you who can't live without knowing how hungover I am (medium*) or what my favorite vitamin is (multi).
I believe I detailed the problems i was facing continuing writing in this forum so you shouldn't be surprised or pissed off
at me that there is not a lot of posting going on.

That being said I think I will try and like last time fail at writing blog posts again starting logically since i haven't posted in a while with a giant multi-category life update.

life update category one: work

I am still working as a server and bartender and sometimes trivia host at the d$ke of Y*rk. Most of you will remember that this used to be a bar I would go to all the time and then when I was dating Erica our plan was that I would go back to school but not for nine months and in the mean time I should get a job as a server to make money. I had no serving experience but my friends Dana and Jenny managed to convince the GM at the time that I would be a good hire. Nine months has turned into 6 years.
I need a change but have no idea what to do. Don't be depressed this isn't a new thing.
Also please don't send me career advice unless the job you are suggesting I look into or go to school for is better than my current job. Last month my mother suggested that I should look into working at the border. This has some upside in that my mother at church could tell people I work at the border rather than a bar. Downside includes a) everyone hates everyone during customs and border interactions, b) I would take a pay cut, c) I would either have to commute or live in a border city (Windsor, Niagara Falls etc), d) I have no natural aptitude for work like this, and e) I would have to train and go to school just to incur all of these unpleasant work conditions.
When I pointed this out she countered that I should work as a clerk at the airport.


life update category two: family.




My mom just retired which is great and she is also spending a lot of time rehabbing from her double knee surgery a procedure with logistics I assure you are that are best left to the imagination. As a teaser I can say it involves an uncomfortable amount of bone cutting and shaving.
My dad splits his time working and sometimes guest sermoning at our church, bike riding, and running his business from history's greatest workshop. My brother is doing pretty well working for the government is not so well at stopping me from dropping several threes on his basketball team last week.
My sister is where the real action is with Paige being in her twos now and a new nephew Graham starting to do stuff. I don't have a full Graham and Paige recent picture but I will put one here soon and hold its place with a sideways picture of my sister when she was Paige's age.




life update category three: relationships.

Shockingly things aren't going well. I will have to leave that and finish later which is OK because know one will know I have posted this. I am going to do dishes and then go to the Gym and then barbecue food then go to the movies by myself.

go.....


* my "medium" is your "very"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

you are kind of awesome (: