Thursday, March 08, 2007

FNG SICK

I am sick like crazy right now
I am not a doctor but I think we might be able to find some contributors to my sickness if we look had enough.

SUNDAY...

woke up at 11 after some Saturday hanging out and then went for a run/workout outside for about an hour. the workout was with Justin, Tara, Megan, and Annie, and was pretty intense.
Sunday night i went to Kim driscoll's birthday party and stayed up drinking and playing cards until about 5-6am

SICK ANALYSIS- 3/10 While running outside can be taxing I think the real problem was hanging out at kim and bridgett's house. between the two of them they are sick approx 400 days per year. still tough there is hope as long as I don't mess up Monday...

MONDAY...

woke up hungover at ten am. I say around doing nothing until 1pm when I went to play volleyball for 3 hours and then did an ab workout. this might have been the coldest day of the year. I worked from 5 until 11:30 I started to feel coldy around 9. After work I played scrabble and drank vodka with my friend Megan untill 5am.

SICK ANALYSIS- 6/10 I don't think that 4 hours sleep was enough after all that exercise. walking in the cold is probably also bad. thankfully the 11ounces of vodka I drank should kill all the germs in my throat RIGHT? booze make you healthy RIGHT? I mean the ignorant drunks in my life couldn't be wrong about the wonderful healing effects of several drinks. COULD THEY???
here is what I think happened. I think one time one drunk guy who was going to get better the next day anyway went out and had several drinks and somehow managed not to make himself sicker but instead was healthy the next day despite himself and all his tanked up friends went around telling everybody about the time frank drank 15 gin and tonics and woke up not sick anymore. did there story fall on receptive ears??? YOU BET IT DID!
your average functioning alcoholic loves the idea that they would never have to take one single day off getting trashed- even if they are sick- even if their body is begging them to go lie down somewhere- even if all of this they can still, and in fact should still get drunk because of frank and his miraculous gin and tonic revival. because of the convenience of this story in alcoholic circles it has spread like wildfire to the point that we should now call GandT Frank's original friends disciples and every time I am sick someone with suggest a different alcohol based remedy because more alcohol is just what my body needs.
lets see if Tuesday is any healthier?

TUESDAY

nope.
my friend bill is in from out of town so I have to go play basketball. after two hours of playing basketball while sick I leave the game (i suck at basketball now) to go and do a squat workout which can be a little taxing on your body. Then I went and hosted trivia and afterwards got drunk which was ok because I was drinking Guinness which has minerals and also Jameson's which is irish and strong. If any of you are aspiring doctors the medicinal values are as follows

vodka- kills germs. only works if drank in martini form or straight
Guinness- revitalizes with mysterious minerals I keep hearing about
Jameson's- also kills germs magic irish properties

SICK ANALYSIS 8/10: I am really getting sick now and am doubting that the basketball/squat workout was a good idea. The Jameson's/Guinness synergy better work or else...

WEDNESDAY:

or else Wednesday will suck.
man was I ever sick on Wednesday. I managed to avoid throwing up but I definitely had a massive fever and cold at the same time. You know those people who get really sick but you can never tell and they don't complain or anything? I'm not like that. I spent Wednesday in bed watching lost episodes and shivering. i now moved on in medication (from booze) to Tylenol cold which I maxed out on. Ironically I was taking the non-drowsy version of Tylenol cold to give me a convenient form of pseudo-ephedrine for my basketball game on Tuesday.

SICK ANALYSIS: 17/10: This is the sickest I have been in 2 years. if only I could of prevented it somehow.
THURSDAY:

still feverish and coughing. this is a perfect time to go to work.


Ok I'm done

It is now Friday and I am still sick
please drop by my house and bring me ice-cream bars and also season 3 arrested development.


No comments: